keskiviikko 19. marraskuuta 2008

Back on track with the writing. Now at 31715 words, today's goal is supposed to be 31673 words, exactly. So, I caught up! Which is needed, because it's looking like I won't be doing any writing on saturday, so I'ma gonna need to try and get ahead again. Oh well. :)

It's an interesting scene, surprising me. You see, Loftva has just been made a lieutenant, and the guy who originally enlisted him, lieutenant-ambassador Callach, now just a senior lieutenant without the ambassador's sash, is also there and they've gone away to talk about the good ol' days (Loftva's barely below thirty, Callach like forty or something), and blah blah, dialogue happens. Then the king comes in and I realise that Callach is going to try and kill Leofric (the king!). And I don't know why. I mean, what's his reasoning? We may never find out. But he tries anyway. He's seemingly drunk now, but Loftva's not easily fooled. See, he's smart enough to see behind Callach' fake drunkenness, he just has no idea why he's doing that. Mostly because all they've had is some warmed, maybe a little spiced wine, and because Callach is an ambassador he ought to be able to take a lot more before coming inebriated, because they drink well enough in the south too. So, yeah, Loftva is suspicious, even when he's seemingly completely focusing on his talk with the king, who's just sort of standing there.

So, (this is going to happen next and I shall go and write it..) suddenly Callach jumps, pulls out a knife, without a word tries to lunge at the kind, who barely has time to go 'huh? When Loftva is already smashing his wine goblet at Callach, who probably gets the drink in his eyes, and has to close'em, which gives Loftva just enough time to grab the hand, and the knife, and throw him to the floor. And then the king reacts.

Something like that anyway.

I wonder why Callach does it, though. I really thought he was a good guy! :\


Wait, there was something else... oh yeah. I'm sick with a flu. Oh, well a cough now, just. But it started with an achey throat, which turned into cough, and now it's been almost a week. So annoying. >:\ But I'm still rewarding my caughting upness with chocolate, and that's that. Also, a widget widget, so the first one doesn't just drop down below...

Ei kommentteja: